150 g Alb lentils
1-2 tbsp tomato paste
2 garlic cloves
100g of celery
dash of dry white wine
pinch of sugar
fresh ground pepper
200 g tagliatelle
1. Cut the onion, celery and carrot into small cubes. Fry the onion cubes with the garlic, celery and carrot cubes together in a larger pot with olive oil.
2. Deglaze with a dash of white wine, stir in the lentils and fill till well covered with vegetable stock. Now cook the lentils until al dente and continue to add vegetable broth again if necessary.
3. Place the tomatoes briefly in boiling water, skin, halve, remove the core and cut into cubes. Now stir in the tomato paste, add the tomato cubes and the fresh oregano. Flavour with salt, olive oil, fresh ground pepper, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of sugar, to taste sweet and sour.
4. Bring to the boil again and add the rocket shortly before serving. Drizzle some olive oil on top.
5. Serve with the pasta cooked at the same time.
Tomato paste gives a nicer colour to the lentils.
Skin the tomatoes, cut them across in a bowl and briefly boil in water. Now the skin will be easier to remove