200 g wholemeal rice
200g Bulgur (durum wheat or kamut grain)
100 g red lentils
1 spring onions
1. Cover Bulgur with plenty of boiling water and leave to soak for 20 minutes.Drain and leave to dry.
2. Boil 100 g red lentils in 750 ml lightly salted water until soft. Drain while collecting the cooking water. Drain the lentils well.
3. Slowly heat a soaked tajine pan and add about a tbsp of butter.
4. Peel 2 onions and cut into fine rings. Roast in butter. When the onion rings begin to brown, sprinkle with a teaspoonful of flour. Continue roasting until the onion rings are golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside for garnish.
5. Now add the rice and bulgur to the pan and roast for 4 to 5 minutes in approx.
6. 350 to 400 ml lentil water and season with salt and pepper. Leave to simmer for 2 minutes while stirring, then add the lentils, put on the tajine lid and fill the vapour barrier with cold water. Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat. Then cut one spring onion into strips, and stir in. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
The finished lentil dish is garnished with the roasted onions and served with natural yogurt and tomato or cucumber salad.
Fine fried onions: put 2 tablespoons of oil (or butter) in frying pan give, add onions.Cook until glazed brown, then add a little flour. Cook until golden brown.